Children are escorted to and from the building at the beginning and end of each day. After being escorted in, each class follows a set schedule to cover the following interest centers.
Indoor and outdoor areas are available to work with children in building large motor skills according to the appropriate developmental level.
Children participate in a daily cooking project, providing opportunities to learn math and science skills, increase vocabulary and discover new tastes.
Activities include listening and moving to a variety of music, singing, and playing rhythm instruments.
Each child is encouraged to explore their creativity with a variety of art experiences exploring color, shapes and textures.
The children are given opportunities to explore and experiment with a variety of materials.
Our teacher-student ratio is one to ten. Classes, formed according to age, are typically comprised of children whose birthdays are within months of each other.
Tuesday/Thursday Classes: 9:00 am – 3:15 pm
Monday/Wednesday/Friday Classes: 9:00 am – 3:15 pm
Monday-Friday Classes: 9:00 am – 3:15 pm
All Day 3-Year-Old Classes
CDLC’s all day option for 3-year-olds offers continuity-learning experiences and provides parents with greater scheduling flexibility.
In Addition to our Regular Curriculum, All Day 3-Year-Old Option Provides:
- Emphasis on social-emotional development and problem solving skills.
- Working with children to develop self-help skills.
- Pre-reading and pre-writing activities.
- Additional large motor time – inside the building and outside, weather permitting.
All Day 3-Year-Old Experience Includes:
- 2, 3 or 5 day-a-week class options.
- Classroom “Circle” activities which include:
- Name Recognition Song
- Days of the Week Song
- Months of the Year Song
- Fingerplays and action songs that support featured books.
- Seasonal activities incorporating music, cooking, art and motor activities that emphasize seasons and holidays.
- Learning games and sensory tables providing “touch, see and feel” familiarity.
- Cooking sessions that teach math through measurement, as well as healthy eating practices and table manners.
All Day Pre-Kindergarten Classes
Because many school districts provide all-day Kindergarten programs, CDLC offers this important option for parents interested in preparing their child for a full day of school.
All Day Pre-Kindergarten Experience Includes:
- 2, 3 or 5 day-a-week class options.
- An emphasis on developing self-confidence and independence by creating a positive approach to learning through:
- Encouraging curiosity.
- Developing an independent work system.
- Practicing attentive listening.
- Learning how to stick with difficult tasks.
- Understanding instructions.
- Developing follow-through practices.
- Taking pride in good work.
- Daily classroom “Circle” activities which include:
- Good Morning Song
- Choosing a daily leader to record the weather, the day of the week and leading the group in singing and counting to the day’s date.
- Traveling “Sound Buckets” sent home to encourage children to match sounds and letters with everyday symbols, signs and colors, providing excellent entry points for reading writing and math.
- A home-traveling bear and journal to record the bear’s activities which are then shared with the class.
- Literature-based curriculum focusing on a book-a-week with related activities all week.
- Cooperative learning to teach letter recognition, letter cases, numbers and fine motor skill through games and fun.
- Movement and music to learn how to write letters as well as employment of the Handwriting Without Tears curriculum.
- Encouraging the love of reading and independent reading during S.Q.U.I.R.T. (Super Quiet Uninterrupted Reading Time) when all children “read” quietly for five minutes.
- An increased focus on literacy and literature-based activities and word recognition.
- Name recognition and learning to write his/her name in the proper case on all papers.
- Language arts specialist every week.
- All CDLC primary activities, including creative arts, music, cooking, motor and science.
Registration & Enrollment
CDLC is a Christian preschool that runs from September to May. Children must be at least 3 years old by December 1 of the school year for which they are applying.
Tuition & Scholarships
A $65 non-refundable registration fee for half day sessions or an $85 non-refundable registration fee for all day sessions is due at the time of registration.
It is the intent of CDLC to provide financial assistance to children based on family eligibility. Financial assistance is granted in the form of partial scholarships, contingent upon the availability of funds.